Venue for lectures
Unless otherwise stated, all our lectures are held in
Oundle Methodist Church,
Drumming Well Lane,
Lectures start at 7:30pm, and a small charge of £2 per person is made for non-members.
Location Map (Google)
Nassington Roman Farmstead, where we have been, where we are, and where we are going
Speaker: Derek Roberts
22 October 2021
Derek will summarize the progress with excavations so far and look forward to further excavations in 2022
Venue: Oundle Methodist Church
Exhibition about the excavations at Nassington
1st March to 30th October 2020
Venue: Oundle Museum now has a small exhibition with some of the artefacts found during our excavations at Nassington in 2016-2019, including
- an ox-skull found at the bottom of an Iron Age ditch
- a large, partially reconstructed, mortarium
- part of a jet bracelet, with a very similar design to others found at Hungate, York
- part of a child's copper bracelet
- plus, aerial photos and geophysical survey plots and interpretations, and
- a summary of the excavations so far
Head upstairs to see the exhibition, opposite the Remand Cell. The Museum also has plenty of other archaeological exhibits, especially from Ashton Roman town, just outside Oundle itself.
Read the interim report on the excavations in 2016-2018 (PDF, 100KB)
Venue: Oundle, Northamptonshire.
You can find more of MidNAG's activities on the past events listing.
Other events near Oundle