Venue for lectures
Unless otherwise stated, all our lectures are held in
Oundle Methodist Church,
Drumming Well Lane,
Lectures start at 7:30pm, and a small charge of £2 per person is made for non-members.
Location Map (Google)
Exhibition about the excavations at Nassington
1st March to 30th October 2019
Oundle Museum now has a small exhibition with some of the artefacts found during our excavations at Nassington in 2016-2018, including
- an ox-skull found at the bottom of an IronAge ditch
- a large, partially reconstructed, mortarium
- part of a jet bracelet, with a very similar design to others found at Hungate, York
- part of a child's copper bracelet
- plus, aerial photos and geophysical survey plots and interpretations, and
- a summary of the excavations so far
Head upstairs to see the exhibition, opposite the Remand Cell. The Museum also has plenty of other archaeological exhibits, especially from Ashton Roman town, just outside Oundle itself.
Read the interim report on the excavations in 2016-2018 (PDF, 100KB)
Venue: Oundle, Northamptonshire.
Annual General Meeting
Reports and Committee elections
Friday, 3 May at 7:00PM
Our AGM to conduct the business of the group, immediately followed by a lecture on the Archaeology of the A14.
Venue: Oundle Methodist Church.
Excavation at Nassington
Saturday, 17th August to Saturday, 31st August
We will return to Nassington for our fourth year of excavations (exact location still to be determined). Applications for volunteer diggers are now open.
Venue: Nassington, Northamptonshire.
- Download an application form
- Download FAQ & project information
Help us out, download the poster, (PDF 350KB) and display it somewhere prominent.
You can find more of MidNAG's activities on the past events listing.